Saturday 28 December 2013

Substantial Webzine Traffic Increase


Published the second edition of Pico's Cycling - Tales of the Road http://picoscycling.blogspot.ca/  yesterday. The hope was to double last months page views. The target was 400. I don't think that was too conservative but we have blown that away. Right now the count for December is nearly 500 and still climbing. Before the end of the month I am expecting to triple what we got in November.

As always I would have liked to have accomplished more, I think we're on the right track though. One of the primary goals was to increase readership. That part seems to be going well considering I've not spent a dime on promotion. I would like to double the page views again next month and we'll see what happens. Advertising isn't doing much at this point. I've signed up with Chitka and Bidvertiser and I can't say I'm terribly impressed with the performance at this point in the game. I will be pursuing other advertising options. I have ideas and I think they will do well.

Another area where I can claim some success is having attracted another writer to the cause. I don't have to write everything myself. That is another leap forward. This webzine was never intended to be just about me. This is not only a step in the right direction for readership but also insures that it has at least a chance at longevity.

I have to find a way to made an emailable version of the webzine probably in pdf format. That will be a great option for back issues. That in itself though is a great deal of work. Somewhere along the way we have to make a little money too. That's probably a bigger priority. Focus on advertisers this coming month. That's my intention anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment